Thursday, January 1, 2009

Anger issues? You bet.

Today I was discussing with an old friend the tragic story I wrote about yesterday of Drew Pearson. The young man who was killed in a car accident on his way home from the hospital after his wife just gave birth to a baby girl. He was 10 minutes from the hospital and only 5 minutes from his home. And you know what she said? She said "Well, at least, now you know that other people are going through problems too."

Huh? Like that's supposed to make me feel better. I was so upset by this statement, I was almost physically ill.

Sigh.

So far I haven't said a whole lot about Michael King, the man accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering Denise. There's not a whole lot I have to say. I feel that thinking about him is a waste of time. Am I angry at him? Oh, by all means. But I'm too afraid to go there. Because think about how angry I am at the CCSO. If I'm that mad at Davenport, Cameron and their cronies imagine how mad I am at Michael King! So, I just can't go there. I don't know much about him and I don't want to know much about him. And, I have nothing to base this on other than what's been reported in the papers but IMO if he hadn't done this before he would most certainly have tried to do it again if it wasn't for Denise's bravery, courage and smarts.

As for his cousin, Harold Muxlow? well...... I can't go there either. To me it's just unthinkable that he didn't call the cops and supplied the gas can, flashlight and shovel. What's up with that? I simply can't wrap my brain around it. It's unimaginable.

Sabrina Muxlow? You are a sweetheart. Thank you for calling 9-1-1. You and Jane Kowalski are our heroes forever. I'm deeply sorrowful that you and Jane had to even been involved in all this. You'll most likely have to testify and you'll be cross examined and be put on trial yourselves. That truly saddens me. Because you are both very good, stand-up people who have great character and courage.

As for the call taker and the dispatchers or fouled up so badly? There's only two I'm REALLY angry at. The call taker for refusing to learn how to use the CAD properly and not taking enough pride in her work to admit responsibility that she messed up very badly. And not even caring enough to follow up. And the shift supervisor who I believe knew a lot more than she testified to in the I/A report. She, too, washed her hands of any responsibility by blaming it on "Nextel". As to the two dispatchers? Disappointed, yes. Mad, yes. But not to the extend that I'm mad at the rest of the CCSO crew that night. As to Bill Cameron? I can't go there. Just typing his name makes me physically ill. And John Davenport? These two men are supposed to be men of integrity and honor. Bah! They're politicians and they definitely put politics before public safety. I don't have an ounce of respect for either one. As to their cronies? The COPS for CAMERON? I don't know. Because I don't know how much they knew of what went wrong that night.

It truly is as if we're living in some very badly written novel.