Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My last blog

I truly wanted to help people not only sharing my grief so that more people understood what it's like losing someone you love to a homicide. But I also wanted to expose some of the inefficiencies our 9-1-1 center has locally. I was hoping that by exposing them, maybe, just maybe things would improve.

I understand they made changes. People are now no longer allowed to yell information across the room. (They weren't supposed to before and are trained not to but for some reason it was allowed so it's no great change). They are no longer using Nextel in the 9-1-1 call center. The supervisors used them and apparently the night Denise died they added to the supervisor on duty's confusion. I do so hope and I don't know but I do so hope we have a Teletype operator 24/7. That I'm not sure.

I honestly don't know if they've changed anything else. I do know it's still the same old people.

Why am I giving it up?

I'm not sure if it's healthy or unhealthy. I think it's been healthy for me. I know it has. But I'm not so sure it's been healthy for the rest of my family. And as you all know, my family comes first.

I think it scared many of them to see just how angry I've been. I think it makes them worry about me more than they need to. I think it brings them pain. And that's the last thing I want to do is cause other's pain! Especially those I love.

It accomplished what I wanted it to in the sense that I did expose what I believe went wrong the night Denise died in the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office 9-1-1 center. I pray to God things are better and that some of them got a wake up call. Tragically the wake up call cost Denise her life. So, it was a pretty expensive wake up call.

And I think I shared quite adequately just how very much I miss and still love Denise. How she's on my mind 24/7. How hard it is to let go.

I'm not going to delete this blog. I'm going to leave it out there in hopes that maybe it will help homicide survivors in the future.

And if they ever want to get in touch with me as a shoulder to lean on, they can always reach via email.

I have two addresses. Noahsgrandma@gmail.com and PeggyLee@DeniseAmberLee.org

Much love and peace to all.

Peggy Lee