Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I probably shouldn't blog tonight but here goes.....

As everyone who reads my blog knows, Mark and I are in the process of moving. Big task with lots going on. So many emotions. Not easy.

Anyhow, I ended up having the boys tonight while Mark and Nate went to a "night" spring training game. I watched the babies.

Today started off difficult because I was expecting to get a lot done. Mostly bathroom closets, kitchen and refrigerator. Unfortunately Adam came home early sick today! AAAAH! That messed me up a little.

Nathan was wonderful and helped Mark move lots (practically all) of the heavy big stuff. Thank you, Nate! I don't know what we would've done!!!!

It was funny. The babies came home and at first didn't want to come in. The neighbor was putting up some sort of inflatable fun house! Well.... the boys wanted that! Until I said "hey, Grandma's furniture is all gone! Come see! I don't have a sofa or a table! Come look, it's all gone!!"

That peeked Noah's interest instantly.

At first I was extremely frustrated having to watch the boys. I have so much I need to do. And getting stuff done around the babies is impossible. And then when it's around "sick" babies who aren't feeling well........... well.......... Tomorrow if Adam's sick who knows what I'll get done????

but I gotta tell you. With all that stress and knowing I'm not getting done what I wished to get done at the pace I wanted it done in the end, it didn't matter.

The boys were simply marvelous. And I mean that especially as Billy Crystal expresses it "they were maaaaarvelooooous!" Adam was a little grumpy but after his pizza, he went to bed at 8 and went to bed peacefully. Noah and I played a little longer. He even watched "Down With Love" with me. It's with Ewan MacGregor and Renee Zellweger. A spoof of Rock Hudson and Doris day. And he wanted to sit by me the entire time. Then we played with his blocks. We made a fire station.

Gee. Stress? Anger? Crap? Yeah, we have it all. But we also have these boys!!!!!! And they really are maaaaaarvelooooous even when they are fighting over a toy.

I gotta tell you. I got absolutely nothing done tonight but I played with my grandbabies. And after all is said and done, that was what was important. They bring me so much joy.

Even Adam being sick, brought me joy. You know why? Because he simply wanted to be held. Well, don't I want to be held? So, we were a match made in heaven probably made by Denise.

The nice thing is Noah and Adam are both small children who enjoy being held. And do I love holding? Oh yes. Bliss.

And Mark and Nate had some alone time together having a good time!

Much love and peace...............