Friday, February 20, 2009

Tampa Bay Rays and Evan Longoria

On a lighter note! Mark and I were at Crackers last night. Mark has been scoping out Crackers for ballplayers ever since they made it to town. For those of you who don't know the Tampa Bay [s]Devil[/s] Rays are now spring training in Charlotte County. They razed the old Texas Rangers spring training stadium and built a new one. We live not more than 10 minutes away. It's very exciting to us.

There's not a whole lot to do in Port Charlotte for these young men. We're on the sleepy side of Florida. I feel bad for them. It's so bad that last night at the stadium they saw a wild pig and spent a couple hours chasing it and trying to hunt it down. They say he was an 800 lb pig. Who knows? I said to Mark "next they'll be saying it's albino!" It's that sleepy over here. At least over on the East coast you have Miami and stuff happening at night. Over here it's wild pig hunting! It's beautiful over here but there's not much going on to interest young men, IMO. Not this far south of Tampa.

Mark usually goes by himself but last night he took me to Crackers for a beer. He's getting ready to go away with Nathan to CA for a 9-1-1 convention/conference thing. We don't get out much because of money and, of course, because we're just not into partying right now. But, because he's going away and because I'll miss him, last night we went out cruising for ball players.

Mark and I always sit at the bar wherever we go. If there are no bar stools available, we leave and go somewhere else.

Anyhow! Evan Longoria was sitting 3 empty bar stools away from Mark (yeah, 4 stools from me but Mark refused to switch stools, LOL! Trust me, I suggested it). I'm no longer a young girl but my heart still pitter patters when I see a major league baseball player. My all time hero is Brooks Robinson.

Anyhow, Mark and I believe (as do many people) that Evan Longoria will make it to Cooperstown one day.

Mr Longoria was gracious enough to sign the boys pictures.........

Thank you Mr Longoria!