Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dear Denise, Good news and Bad news

Dear Denise,

I feel like banging my head against the wall. I am so frustrated and distraught. Thursday Senator Bennett's bill is going before a Senate Committee. Dad and I so WANT to be there to speak for it. But, I do not know how we are going to get there. UGH! It is so important and I just feel like crying with frustration.

There's another bill going before the House that as I understand it wants to suppress 9-1-1 calls to the public and the media! That is so wrong. As I understand it, listening to these calls on television is distressing to family members who have already experienced tragedy. I understand that. No one understands that better than our family. It means re-living the tragedy over and over. But, you cannot suppress this crucial information. You just cannot. Public Safety Officials need some kind of oversight otherwise these tragedies will continue to happen and they will continue to be swept under the carpet as they have been for years and that has got to stop. What's the saying? Foxes watching the hen house? In Charlotte County the Sheriff is an elected official. Therefore, he is a politician. So worse than foxes, you have politicians watching the hen house. Ugh!

I cannot tell you how distraught I am.

The good news, sweetie, is we have someone (a kind angel from England) working on your Wiki page. He is cleaning and polishing it. He has not gotten to the crime part yet or the trial but he has cleaned up your bio and is working on sources. The sources are necessary and it will finally be up to Wiki (or better "encyclopedia") standards!

sigh

That is so nice. So many people have helped us on this journey. It is heartwarming.

I miss you, sweetheart. And we are TRYING to do all we can.

I took the kids to school today and gave them two pebbles with angels on them. They were thrilled! Noah wants to put his with the other angels beside your grave near all the flowers. He was ecstatic and showed his teacher as soon as he walked in the door at school.

Love you, pumpkin.