Friday, March 5, 2010

Benefit of the doubt

okay, maybe some of these legislators did or do believe that this is in the best interests of victims families. I will do my best to give them that benefit of the doubt. But truly we need to look at the bigger picture.

The possibility of future loss of a life is a much more painful event than having to listen to a call of distress.

We never hear from calls made on 9/11. We never hear calls from the Virginia Tech Massacre or the Columbine High School Massacre. We never hear calls from the tragedies in England (London bombings) or Spain (more bombings). Why? Because the majority of the media realize how sensitive these calls are. It is the select few rotten apples in the media who prey on tragedies and sensationalize them.

The whole thing is tragic. Sad. And I pray to God (if there is one, and I have my doubts but if my the off chance there is one) I pray to God that what is best for public safety trumps all else. I pray other families understand.

Dear Denise, I just do not know what to do. If you see God, ask Him to guide us and continue to look over us. And as always, remind Him we need more people like you.