Monday, August 10, 2009

Newspapers and interviews

Mark and I have been asked to do an interview tomorrow on how our family is preparing for the trial.

I've been thinking about this and what is there to say? How do you prepare for something like this?

We are preparing for this with a lot of anger, a lot of tears and a lot of heartache. We want justice for Denise. I can't stop thinking of the way she suffered.

For over a year now I've done my best not to expend emotional energy on the person who did this. I've tried my damndest to not think of him. And now we have to.

I'm very proud of Nathan and how well he's doing. I can't say more than that. My heart breaks for him though.

But, there is light. The trial is just another hurdle. A painful hurdle but an important one. We have great faith in the prosecuting team. We have faith in the evidence and the case. I only wish the perpetrator could suffer the way she did.

sigh.