Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Denise Amber Lee

I miss her so much.... Everyday. And now that the trial is approaching it's getting harder and harder to think about her without remembering what the creep did to her. It's just unimaginable. Treasure those you love close. They can be taken in an instant. Once that happens....

I don't think it's something anyone ever gets over.

Who can blame us for trying to keep her memory alive? Who can blame for looking for ways to keep her from dying in vain? Who can blame us for being angry?

I think of all those other families who have lost loved ones.... Loved ones equally treasured.

Many of you, sadly, did not know Denise. I thought it might be a good idea to post some of her blogs so you could get a sense of her personality. She really was beautiful inside and out.

Read her words. She was so beautiful.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The joy of having two boys...

Today I thought it might be fun to take the boys to the mall... by myself. It started off really well. Noah and I ate lunch in the food court while Adam slept. I let Noah go on one of those rides that cost 75 cents. Then we went to Old Navy. Noah started getting a little hyper and wouldn't stay with me so I had to hold him and push the stroller at the same time. At the check out both of them started crying. Adam was hungry so we went back out to the car where I fed Adam ('cause he's breastfeeding) and Noah played in the car rolling the window down. Finally we went back in the mall and I let Noah play in the play area so I could get a chance to just sit. Noah was knocked down twice by older boys running around wild. Of course then Adam needed changing and I couldn't take my eyes off of Noah or else he'd run out of the play area. So I put them both on the changing table and changed both their diapers. Fun fun. Then we went to JCPenny. I was trying on sunglasses when Noah tried to run away. So I had to carry Noah while trying on sunglasses and then Nathan called. Both of the boys start crying once again so I put Noah down and picked up Adam. Noah thought it would be funny to try to run away again. So i caught him while holding Adam and put Noah in the stroller. An old man commented that I must have my hands full and said he checked in the bottom basket of the stroller to make sure I didn't have a third one in there. LOL, can you imagin if I had three? So I finally bought my sunglasses and we went home. Something so simple as going to the mall to buy new sunglasses is a thousand times harder when you have two boys under two. But it was still fun. Anytime I get to leave the house is a treat for me.

We also have a few new pics of the boys. I made a new album of Noah and Adam and there's a couple new ones in Adam's album. Check 'em out.


Saturday, July 28, 2007

Our new baby

I realized that I haven't yet posted a blog about Adam and how his birth went. I know Nathan has already told some of you, but I don't know what exactly he said.

So anyway, I went into labor on Saturday the 7th and I didn't even realize it. I was having contractions, but I didn't realize that's what they were until they were 2 minutes apart. So I called the midwife because I started bleeding and she told me to call back when I was having contractions. That's when I realized I was having contractions and I started timing them. I called her back and told her they were 2 minutes apart and she said she usually has her patients labor at home for a few hours when the contractions are that far apart. I told her I would be more comfortable if I went to the hospital and got checked out. Really I just wanted to get an epidural. So we went to the hospital and they checked my cervix and I was only 2 centimeters. I told them that I wanted an epidural and they said that they didn't have my pre-registration so I would have to register first. So now I'm in a LOT of pain and they have to ask me all these stupid questions that I already filled out. I was not happy. Then only about an hour or so later, I feel like I have to push. So she checked me and I'm fully dialated. Too late for the epidural! Oh and the midwife wasn't even at the hospital yet. So I was not allowed to push until she got there. It was the worst feeling in the world. I was crying I was so mad. I was also saying how stupid she was in front of all the nurses. Nathan later told me that he was a little embarased, because I was just saying whatever was on my mind. But she finally got there and I was allowed to start pushing. When my water broke there was meconium in the fluid. I guess that's why they didn't let Nathan cut the cord. But the baby was fine. He weighed 8lb 8.6 oz and was 19 3/4 in. Luckily I had no tearing whatsoever. I felt no pain after he was born. I was just really really exhausted.

Since then Adam has grown a LOT! The last time I took him to the doctor, which was on the 24th, he weighed 9 lb 14 oz. We got a letter from the FL Dept. of Health saying that Adam has the Sickle Cell Trait. My brother Tyler also has the trait. It doesn't really mean anything except that if he has a child with someone elso who carries the trait, then there's a 25 percent chance that their baby will have Sickle Cell Anemia.

We'll keep posting pics for all of you!


Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm so mad!

The deer came back this morning, well I guess it could've been a different one, but this time it had a little baby with it!!! I ran as fast as I could to get our old camera, because I left our new one in the car. I hurry up turn it on, zoom in and click... "Card full." I tried to delete an old pic as fast as I could, but by the time I deleted it they were gone. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen and I was too slow to get a picture. Dammit.