Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Last night's news on SNN6

I don't have time to find the video because we have to go to a 9-1-1 power point presentation tonight and I have to get ready. It was on SNN6 last night. But, I have to get this out of my system.

On last night's news the CCSO stated how wonderful their 9-1-1 training is. And how they exceed the hours that were being mandated in the proposed bill.

Well all I can say is, and it's really bothering me is that

THE BEST TRAINING IN THE WORLD IS USELESS IF IT'S NOT USED!

AND!!!!

THE BEST TECHNOLOGY IN THE WORLD IS USELESS IF IT'S NOT USED!

They had the training and the technology in place the night Denise died. They had it! But they didn't use it. Because the call-taker "doesn't like using computers" she didn't have to! And because they didn't want to pay over time they sent the person who monitors their BOLO's home early!

So, what good is it!

Sorry for the anger but they really p!ss me off with this "our training" is yadayadayadayada impeccable crap! So what. You're people weren't using it.

If they finally are AND I HOPE THEY ARE! It took Denise dying to get them to do it. And that's just wrong.

Sorry for the rant. But........ geesh. It just makes me sick to my stomach.