Friday, February 13, 2009

Jackie Smith

Not a name that's made any headlines, thank goodness.

But a beautiful woman just the same. Jackie lived the good life in a small rural town in the Shenandoah Valley.

This was a person with great generosity and filled to the brim with laughter and loveliness. We have very good memories of Jackie and her husband Walt.

I guess the happiest memories are of their barn dances. Indescribable.

Jackie lived a good, long life with children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. And because she lived such a full rich life filled with love I'm not sorry to see her die. I believe she's in a better place. It's a place she's looked forward to all her life.

I hadn't seen Jackie in many years. Probably at least a decade if not just a tad longer. They were here for us when Mark's dad died in 1995 and we saw them a couple times after that. But only a couple. They aged too much to travel this far. And we hadn't been to Virginia in years. When we go home we go home to Maryland. My family is so large, all our time is spent visiting them. So, Virginia...... the valley...... Skyline Drive......... all in the past.

Anyhow, thank you, Jackie for so many memories. God bless your family at this time. God bless Walt. I can't imagine Walt without you. It's just inconceivable Walt being without you.

I love you. Say hello to Denise. You'll like Denise. She's a sweetheart and a "keeper".

added edit: If there were only one woman in this life that I could emulate it would be this woman. She was a true 'lady'. Bless you, Jackie, we'll miss you. And I still don't know how Walt will get on without you.