Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dear Denise, Noah turned 3 today

But you already know that.

We are so blessed to have Noah and Adam.

I miss you, Denise. He's growing up to be so much like you.

He's getting to be a stinker though. I don't think you'd like the way we've been spoiling him. It's tough not too. Remember the impish, devil laugh he used to have? And that smile? Well, he still has them and he knows how to use them.

He's not potty trained yet. We're working on it, kinda. I know he'd go if you were here. I just know it.

He remembered you a lot over Christmas. We talked about you quite a bit. And I showed him the blue picture frame you made and the turtle. He's fascinated by them. I found a picture of you making the turtle and that fascinated him more.

He loves to talk about you and he loves to remember you.

Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and missing you.

Thank you so much for being selfless and brave by keeping that monster away from them. Thank you for protecting them.

I never knew how selfless, brave and smart you were while you were here. And I'm so sorry for that. I knew you were generous and sweet. I knew you worshiped the ground Nate walked on. I knew how very much you loved Noah and Adam. I just wish I could've had more time with you.

Love you, baby.